The Haakaa Silicone Colostrum Collector is a world-first design, giving mums the option to express colostrum antenatally and postnatally in a safe, easy-to-use storage solution.
Colostrum is traditionally collected in single-use syringes often made from harmful plastics. Our collector is made of 100% medical-grade silicone, which means it won't leach nasty toxins and can be safely stored in the fridge or freezer. It's easy-to-use and reuse, making it the ideal option for mums both before and after birth!
Our Silicone Colostrum Collector Set comes with 6 x Colostrum Collectors (4ml) and a complimentary reusable cotton wipe and a handy case.
Each colostrum collector comes with its own sticker for convenient labeling of each tube.
Please note: Ensure clearance from your health professional prior to antenatal expressing as there may be a risk of early labour.
- Collect, store and feed colostrum from the same container.
- Made of 100% medical-grade silicone.
- Soft squeezable silicone has a vacuum effect to collect droplets.
- Nib suctions colostrum off the nipple, can also be removed to express directly into the collector.
- Portable, leakproof and reusable.
- Heat and freeze resistant.
- Clear measurements.
- Non-toxic and safe for newborns.
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
- Fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave steriliser safe.
- Ensure collector is sterlised before use. Sterilise by using any steam sterilising system or by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently squeeze the collector body to suction colostrum drops straight from your nipple, using the nib.
- Alternatively, remove the nib and express directly into the collector body.
- Attach label, taking care to label with your name and date & time of expression.
- Store in your fridge or freezer according to your country’s breastmilk storage guidelines.
- There is no need to transfer your colostrum between containers.
- Perfectly-sized nib to drop-feed into the corner of baby’s mouth. Before feeding, warm colostrum by running the collector under warm water until colostrum reaches room temperature.
Note: Once a baby feeds from the nib end, it is no longer sterile. Sterilise before re-use.
Sterilise each colostrum collector before use with any steam sterilising system or by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes. Do not use bleach-based agents to clean this product. Use all the colostrum in the container for one feed and discard any left over.