Classic Sheepskin Infant Care Rug - Natural Ivory or Honey
These specially chosen fine wool lambskins are tanned and manufactured especially for your baby or child.
Classic infant care rugs come with the ‘Sanitised’ certification which provides a built-in deodorant & mildew barrier. It prevents the development of the germs that cause odour & material breakdown, thus making the rug hygienic, durable & fresher giving a guarantee of lasting protection for your baby.
This fine wool allows air to circulate around the baby & has been shown to have a calming effect.
Ideal for cots, prams, or a simple cuddle rug or play mat.
These make a great gift for a new baby.
Length 80+cm x W 60+cm
Long: Natural length approximate 40-50mm.
When washing sheepskin there are a few main factors to be aware of. Incorrect washing can cause the sheepskin to de-tan and if this happens they will have to be thrown out. To avoid this please follow these strict instructions.
- Only use a small amount of an approved Neutral or Mild Sheepskin Wash. If unavailable, then just use water.
- Do not use any Bleach, Detergents or Enzyme Washing Products!
- Only use cold water.
- Avoid Direct Heat when drying, dry outside in the shade or inside away from heaters, radiators or fires. Using a clothes rack to lay the sheepskin flat is a good way to dry a skin.
- Do not let the sheepskin dry out too fast, it is best to leave a small amount of moisture in the skin.
- After the sheepskin is dry, brush with a pet brush to restore pile and finish with a solid shake.
- Avoid getting moisture on footwear as this can stain. If footwear does need cleaning it is best spot cleaned, using a small amount of liquid and a cloth. Follow the rules above and treat like you would cleaning carpet.