New Zealand's Softest Sheepskins
Snuggly and soft, our long wool sheepskin rugs are perfect for tummy time and play when your baby
is up and about. They make a great familiar space for baby while they are learning to explore and move.
The benefits of sheepskin
The soft, cosy fibres in natural sheepskin create a warm,
familiar space for babies, helping them to feel safe and secure.
Naturally hypoallergenic, wool is a safe fibre for baby to sleep and play on. We
tan our sheepskins organically and Sanitized® is an added barrier from bacteria.
- Colours: Natural White or Honey
Size: L 80cm x W 60cm (Approximate)
- Wool Length: Natural 40-50mm
- Machine Washable
- Sanitized Chrome Free
- No Harmful Chemicals
- No Formaldehyde
- No Arsenic
All our sheepskin baby rugs are machine washable and the wool can be easily spot cleaned.
SleepSheepskins are cosy, nurturing, dry and thermoregulating which is crucial to helping babies sleep longer.
NaturalWool is a natural fibre designed by mother nature.
Comforting & Calming
ThermoregulationSheepskins help babies thermoregulate their body temperature keeping them warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
HypoallergenicWool is naturally hypoallergenic along with the added benefit of the Sanitized treatment it’s perfect for babies.
Moisture AbsorptionSheepskin can absorb 30% of its weight in moisture. Drawing moisture away from babies keeping them dry & comfortable.
Air CirculationThe fine woollen fibres allow air to circulate around the body aiding with comfort.
Length 80+cm x W 60+cm
Long: Natural length approximate 40-50mm.
When washing sheepskin there are a few main factors to be aware of. Incorrect washing can cause the sheepskin to de-tan and if this happens they will have to be thrown out. To avoid this please follow these strict instructions.
- Only use a small amount of an approved Neutral or Mild Sheepskin Wash. If unavailable, then just use water.
- Do not use any Bleach, Detergents or Enzyme Washing Products!
- Only use cold water.
- Avoid Direct Heat when drying, dry outside in the shade or inside away from heaters, radiators or fires. Using a clothes rack to lay the sheepskin flat is a good way to dry a skin.
- Do not let the sheepskin dry out too fast, it is best to leave a small amount of moisture in the skin.
- After the sheepskin is dry, brush with a pet brush to restore pile and finish with a solid shake.
- Avoid getting moisture on footwear as this can stain. If footwear does need cleaning it is best spot cleaned, using a small amount of liquid and a cloth. Follow the rules above and treat like you would cleaning carpet.
“Baby and mum both love our sheepskin, its perfect for everything from tummy time, to playing on our back, to massage time.”
“It is exactly how I'd remembered the NZ sheepskins both my children had had as babies and loved the using until they wore out! My son was a winter baby and my daughter a summer baby and the sheepskins were perfect for both. The one recently purchased is for my daughter's baby, due in November. The sheepskin is of the highest quality, beautifully soft and I know will be much used and loved. Thank you for such quality.”